[mythtv-users] Sony BD Remote (uinput method not working on 11.04)

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 00:48:21 UTC 2011

On Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 12:31 PM, Andrew Hughes <ahhughes at gmail.com> wrote:
> Still not working, I got nothing - very annoying. Perhaps 11.04 and 10.x
> have fundemental differences (I don't know).
>
> I'm using the gnome bluetooth gui (http://live.gnome.org/GnomeBluetooth) but
> it offers very limited diagnostics and is somewhat confusing to be honest.
>
> Says:
>
> Disconnected -> Connect
> or
> Connected -> Connect
>
> as options to connect a device. How you can be connected and connect is an
> option I don't understand. I can try take a screenshot tonight (but I am not
> sure if it will get on the mailing list or not).
>

> I'll keep at it, but this is looking more like a new boat anchor by the day.

Take a look at the hci commands (hciattach  hciconfig  hciemu
hcitool    hcitrace) which chould give you more info. I am no expert
in them, but try

hciconfig -a

to get a view of the bluetooth dongle.

I am sure google will give you some clues on how to troubleshoot.

I unplugged my dongle last night and plyugged it into a different usb
slot and it started working again.