[mythtv-users] Separate "clean" / "dirty" outputs?

Christopher Peters cpeters at ucmo.edu
Tue Dec 13 14:26:03 UTC 2011

Kit Peters (W0KEH), Engineer II
KMOS TV Channel 6 / KTBG 90.9 FM
University of Central Missouri
http://kmos.org/ | http://ktbg.fm/

>>> Jay Ashworth <jra at baylink.com> 12/12/2011 7:13 PM >>>
> I am looking for functionality more like a studio monito

"If you're trying to make it a digital VTR, though, there are other, probably easier routes to take.  mplayer2 is remote controllable, and *much* lighter in weight."

Does mplayer2 give me frame-by-frame rewind?  Reading the FAQ on mplayerhq.hu, it seems like it doesn't.

"Or you could build something that does exactly what you need over gstreamer, as I was looking at at my previous employer's."

This would probably be the best solution, but I think building something via gstreamer would take longer than adapting something already in the field, don't you?

KP