[mythtv-users] Myth front end freeze. EEBox PC, ION2 VDPAU.

linux guy linuxguy123 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 17:17:59 UTC 2011

I'm using ASUS EEBox 1012Ps for my myth front ends.

I have Fedora 16, fully up to date installed on them.

I have installed the proprietary nvidia driver via akmod.  I have VDPAU enabled.

The front ends connect and run.  I can start watching TV without any
problems.  The video displayed is excellent.  No stuttering, etc.

However, when I do this, the system freezes to any further input.  I
cannot use the keyboard to look at the schedule or change channels or
anything.

The only way I can exit watching TV is to depower the system and reboot.

When I watch the load on the system via top on a remote terminal, I
find the CPU usage is generally less than 20%.  Usually 15%.

Any ideas on what is going on here ?

Thanks