[mythtv-users] Seeking Motherboard Advice

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 14:58:28 UTC 2011

On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 6:45 AM, Richard Morton
<richard.e.morton at gmail.com>wrote:

>> Picking up on your query and some of the other responses, my thoughts
>> on all things OpenGL, VAAPI and VDPAU in current master (and what will
>> hopefully soon become 0.25)...
>>

> I know you all love us picking up on your and the other devs) hopeful
> comments... but are we in for an early Christmas present?

No.  We'd need to agree on a feature freeze date (which means several weeks
notice minimum), then freeze for a few weeks, then have a series of release
candidates (usually one per week maximum), then an RC needs to be stable
without major bugs for at least a week or two before we'd call it a
release-- so all in all, from contemplation of feature freeze to release,
you're looking at several months.

Robert