[mythtv-users] HDHR + Over the Air + Sony Network Media Player + Buffalo NAS

Jeff Tucker jefftucker at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 15:57:22 UTC 2011

> My problem is that I want to view the recordings on the Sony Media
> Player but it supports DivX, WMV9, MPEG-1/2, AVCHD, MPEG-4 AVC, MKV.
> The current format is not recognized by the media player.

> How does the recording get to the player? Via some disk or via some UPNP
network access?

> If it is the latter then its likely that the Sony player wants some
special treatment that mythtv doesnt do yet.
> For an example of other Sony devices with that issue see
> http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/9446

Karl, Right now I am copying the resulting MPG file to my NAS and the media
player should see it from there. At least it sees other movies/videos I have
on the NAS but does not recognize the MPG file.

I have been trying to use the fstab to create a mount to my share on the NAS
to right to but I can't get MythTv BE to write to it.

Thanks for the URL. I read it and it makes since. I will try minidlna to
test it out. Do you know where to make the protocol changes in MythTv?

Changes he made:

And I guess he changed another protocol to be:
SOAPACTION:
"urn:schemas-upnp-org:service:ConnectionManager:1#GetProtocolInfo"

protocolInfo to always be:
http-get:*:video/mpeg:DLNA.ORG_PN=MPEG_PS_NTSC;DLNA.ORG_OP=01;DLNA.ORG_CI=0

Please help me understand this better?

I appreciate your feedback!