[mythtv-users] HDHR + Over the Air + Sony Network Media Player + Buffalo NAS

Kris B. krisbee at krisbee.com
Thu Dec 15 16:02:53 UTC 2011

On Thu, Dec 15, 2011, at 09:57 AM, Jeff Tucker wrote:
> > My problem is that I want to view the recordings on the Sony Media
> > Player but it supports DivX, WMV9, MPEG-1/2, AVCHD, MPEG-4 AVC, MKV.
> > The current format is not recognized by the media player.

Not that it should matter, but have you tried the "lossless" transcode
of one of the files to convert it from a .mpg ts file to a .mpg ps file
and see if the Sony "likes" that file better?  This transcode shouldn't
take but a few minutes, and the file will be smaller without any change
in quality.  Only suggesting that since it didn't like the original file
via an external hd/usb if I recall...

--
  Kris B.
  krisbee at krisbee.com