[mythtv-users] About Python & Perl bindings

Daniel Born born_daniel at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 15 21:51:54 UTC 2011

> The best path is to either:
>
> a) give up on using the ancient, extremely-low-level,
> requires-updating-scripts-using-them-after-MythTV-updates (even just
> revision updates) Perl bindings and use the Python bindings
>
> or
>
> b) rewrite the Perl bindings to be more like the Python bindings and
> then document them

<snip>

> Mike

I was afraid that might be the case for the Perl bindings... (no sh*t sherlock as some would say!)

Since I don't know Perl *that much more* than Python and although rewriting and documenting the Perl bindings would be a good learning experience, I'm afraid I don't have *that* much free time ;-) so it seems you've convinced me to go the Python bindings way...

Thanks Mike,
Daniel