[mythtv-users] Question about 0.25 upnp auto-configuration

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Sat Dec 17 00:35:10 UTC 2011

I just noticed in the iPad thread (from a month ago) that Robert
mentioned 0.25 will have auto-configuration so that you do not need to
do any setup to connect to the backend. I understood this to apply to
the frontend too. But the question I had was, how does this behave
when multiple master backends are detected? If I've got a production
system and a dev system, how will it choose which one to connect to.
Initially, I assume it would prompt, but will it remember the previous
choice and make it automatically in the future? I'd hate for my wife
to bootup the frontend while I've got the dev box running, get
prompted, and accidentally connect to it instead of the production
system.

I'm sure someone has already thought of this, and I hate to be the guy
pointing out things somebody has already addressed, but just in
case...

--
Ron Frazier