[mythtv-users] Do I need a front end at all?

Tyler T tylernt at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 19:21:12 UTC 2011

You'll still need a way to schedule recordings (which you could do
with MythWeb) and a way to delete watched recordings (you could just
rely on Autoexpire).

I don't know how the Samsung presents your list of recordings. If it's
hard to navigate, you may look into Mythlink.pl.

If it were me, I might still create a Linux VM + Myth FE to run
as-needed on my desktop PC, just in case I needed to do something
MythWeb couldn't do or was inconvenient to do.

Personally, I couldn't live without a MythFE though, because of
timestretch. Watching shows as 1.25X speed is too awesome to give up.