[mythtv-users] anyone using percona instead of mysql (stock)?

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 00:07:48 UTC 2011

On Mon, Dec 19, 2011 at 23:43, Daniel Kristjansson <danielk at cuymedia.net> wrote:
> innodb has simply not been tested as well with MythTV, but
> at least one dev volunteered to run with innodb after 0.24
> was released and report back on any problems and I haven't
> heard of any.

I too have been running innodb for years at this point, and
my recollection was that the 'select count(*)' on innodb
resulted in a table scan (and an index lookup on myisam?),
and that mythtv used that construct in numerous queries.
Or something like that.  So it was more of a performance
issue (especially on slower systems) than outright wrong
results.  The 'select count(*)'s could be replaced fairly easily
with an appropriate column name, but, as with all else,
someone with more mythtv database schema knowledge
should be involved to make sure there are not unexpected
results.

Gary