[mythtv-users] How to control database settings from config.xml

Göran Uddeborg goeran at uddeborg.se
Wed Dec 21 21:51:23 UTC 2011

According to http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/10209#comment:1 it
should be possible to use config.xml mysql.txt.  I'm trying to do
that, but it fails.

When I look at the files as generated, config.xml seems to contain
almost all the information from mysql.txt already, except for the
DBType setting.  (See below for details.)  But it still doesn't work
for me without the mysql.txt file.  I tried to add a DBType entry
in config.xml too, but that didn't make any difference.

What is it I don't get?

22:50 freddi$ grep -v ^# .mythtv/mysql.txt
DBHostName=pluto

DBUserName=mythtv
DBPassword=mythtv
DBName=mythconverg
DBType=QMYSQL3

22:50 freddi$ cat .mythtv/config.xml
<Configuration>
  <UPnP>
    <UDN>
      <MediaRenderer>0a46441b-e51d-4236-a2ef-50266f06bb60</MediaRenderer>
    </UDN>
    <MythFrontend>
      <DefaultBackend>
        <DBHostName>pluto</DBHostName>