[mythtv-users] CrystalHD playback problems

diespambox at gmx.net diespambox at gmx.net
Thu Dec 22 13:16:26 UTC 2011

PJBrs <ml_pjbrs at floorenpj.xs4all.nl> wrote:
> On 12/22/2011 01:04 PM, diespambox at gmx.net wrote:
> > PJBrs<ml_pjbrs at floorenpj.xs4all.nl>  wrote:
> >> Anyway, I want to make a final check--is anyone else having playback
> >> problems with CrystalHD? Or, more specifically, a bcm970015 with an
> > Hi,
> > i had playback issues until built the crystalhd kernel modules
> > myself. I don't know what linux distribution you are using, but their
> > kernel modules may be to old and do not support the bcm970015. I'm using the
> > module from git://git.wilsonet.com/crystalhd.git
> Hello Tobi, I did, it says "Loading crystalhd v3.10.0" when I insmod
> crystalhd.ko. What other hardware do you use? CPU? GPU? Distro? Did you
> have to apply specific settings to get it working?
>
> I use Slackware-13.37 with a 2.6.38 kernel. In fact,
> http://git.wilsonet.com/crystalhd.git/ says that this repository is
> deprecated. It is now over at
> http://git.linuxtv.org/jarod/crystalhd.git. However, there haven't been
> any commits since this transition.

I'm running this on a wetab, but the tablet is turned off right now
and i won't be at home before tomorrow so i can't give you more details on my
dmesg output... Distro is yawos which is some sort of ubuntu, kernel
could be 2.6.38 but I'm not sure...
I think i did nothing special but loading the module and setting
mythfrontend to use crystalhd.

Tobi