[mythtv-users] Trimslice ARM PC

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Thu Dec 22 22:58:29 UTC 2011

On 12/22/2011 17:47, Per Hatlevik wrote:
>> I don't know about the frontend though.  It would need good video drivers
>> (very rare on ARM) that are supported by myth for any sort of acceleration.
>> That seems unlikely for now.
> if the video card on these arm systems supports decoding then they
> seem like a really nice frontend to me. tegra2 or tegra3 from nvidia
> look like they possibly support vdpau but i can't really find an
> concrete information on whether they do or don't support vdpau.....

The VDPAU interface is only available for the x86 architecture.  On ARM,
nVidia and several other manufacturers have embraced the OpenMAX
specification (from the OpenGL people) for media acceleration.  There is
interest among some of the video developers in adding support for it in
MythTV, and at least one who has considerable experience using it, but
no work as yet of actually implementing it.