[mythtv-users] what do do about wrong data in myth video?

Fri Dec 23 23:19:12 UTC 2011

On 23 Dec 2011, at 20:56, Dan Armbrust wrote:
> You seem to have nailed the source of the problem exactly.  I wonder
> why my unsupported title format makes it goof up and run off to the
> wrong data source?  Especially when it seems to have found the correct
> ID?

As I understand it, if a program has a series/episode filed set to a non-zero value in MythTV, it treats it as a TV program, if not it is treated as a movie. I have no idea how the metadata lookup actually works, but if different tools are used to determine the inetref and actually fill in the metadata in MythTV then one may support your file format, the other may not - this would produce the result you are seeing.

As I said, this is a complete guess. You could try setting the series / episode values yourself and seeing whether it fixes the problem.

Sorry I can't be more help

Chris.