[mythtv-users] One disc drive seems fine

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Sat Dec 24 12:02:19 UTC 2011

On 23/12/11 21:56, jzigpublic wrote:

> I routinely record 3 HD channels at once while playing back a previous
> recording at 1080P. Playback is flawless. Currently using Mythbuntu, but
> I have used KnoppMyth and LinHes with a single drive without problems too
>
> Ziggy.

Most of this thread that I've read talks about recording HD.  ISTR
Daniel K explaining that recording mpeg2, used for SD dvb, needs disk
accesses to update the seektables in real time.  I'm not sure if this
also applies to h264, but if not that could be significant.

I haven't seen priority problems since I went to the deadline scheduler.
  I have two disks but I think that just eases the load on individual
controllers during post-processing.

John P