[mythtv-users] Help finding channel frequency

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Dec 26 16:30:43 UTC 2011

On 12/25/2011 04:30 PM, Raymond Norton wrote:
> Correction... The channel I want to stream is 51-13. Is there a way to capture that info via logs or a frequency table on-line ?
>

> On Dec 25, 2011, at 12:57 PM, Raymond Norton wrote:
>> I was hoping to find to find an easy way to stream live tv to my Iphone
>> via mythtv, but have not found anything that works for me. However, in
>> the past I used to stream /dev/video0 using ffserver, but it errs out
>> when attempting to stream from /dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0 .
>>
>> I have decided to use VLC for the live streaming, but do not know enough
>> about how myth works with channels to find the frequency to the channel
>> I want to stream (55-13). Myth found it via a scan using us-cable-irc .
>> I was looking through the database, but cannot figure out what the
>> frequency should be in Khz.
>>
>> Any ideas how to find the info I am looking for?
>>
>> Raymond

Pretty sure you're going to need to use the scan or dvbscan to create a
channels.conf that that can be used with czap/szap/tzap/azap to tune the
channel (or, maybe VLC can use channels.conf directly).

http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/LinuxTV_dvb-apps

Either way, it makes more sense to use VLC-/tuning-program-specific
tuning information than to try to use MythTV's tuning information.  Now
if you're trying to hack something into, for example, MythWeb, then just
make the channels.conf channel numbers or names match up with the MythTV
channel numbers or callsigns or names, so you can use that to find the
right info from the channels.conf.

Mike