[mythtv-users] Is it possible run myth frontend in a window?

Alex Tomlins alex at tomlins.org.uk
Mon Dec 26 21:27:57 UTC 2011

On 26/12/11 21:17, Jeff Sadowski wrote:
> As the subject asks, is it possible run myth frontend in a window? I'd
> like to run mythtv like I ran other tv programs in a window along side
> while I am using my web browser. In a window that is set to always
> ontop.

Yes it is.  Go into Utilities/Setup -> Setup -> Appearance  Set the Gui
width and height to the window size you want.  Tick 'Use window border',
and probably 'Use GUI size for TV playback'.  I've always used the fixed
window size option.  One other thing to note, the Monitor aspect ratio
option still refers to the whole monitor, and not to the aspect ratio of
your window (took me a while to track that one down).

As for keeping it on top, that's something that I think would have to be
handled by your window manager. (in XFCE, you can right-click on the
title bar, and select 'Always on Top')

thanks,
Alex

--
Alex Tomlins
Email/Jabber: alex at tomlins.org.uk

There are two kinds of people in the world: those who finish what they started