[mythtv-users] Troubleshooting mceusb remote & Lirc

Alex Halovanic halovanic at gmail.com
Fri Dec 30 02:00:07 UTC 2011

You're getting the arrow keys because of X setting up the remote like it
would a keyboard.  At some point you'll need to disable it from doing
this.  See my post to the "Configuring mceusb for frontend with 3.0 kernel"
thread.

You should start with the lircd configuration. If lirc were functioning
correctly, you'd not see output from evtest button presses since it should
be intercepting everything from this device, at least, that's how it seems
to behave for me.  You should run irw after starting lirc and it should
show button names while pressing.  If not, it means something else is going
on.

You will also need to update your lircrc file to use the names that appear
in irw.

-Alex