[mythtv-users] Recording Storage Limit

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Fri Dec 30 20:12:22 UTC 2011

On 12/30/2011 14:06, Adam Windisch wrote:
> I have a Myth system that has been running fine for a while.  I
> upgraded the storage from 1.5TB to 6TB recently.  For some reason Myth
> is not using the extra storage, it's auto-expiring at the 1.5TB mark.
> Is there a setting I am missing that is preventing the storage from
> increasing past that point?

Auto-expiration is performed at the time of recording, on a per-disk
basis.  The storage scheduler decides where it wants to place the
recording.  The backend then determines whether there is enough room to
record there, and if not, expires something.  For whatever reason, the
backend does not want to record to your new paths.

Could you give some more information on your setup?  The issue could be
one of file permissions, or perhaps you configured the new paths in a
different storage group from what your rules are set to record to.