[mythtv-users] OT: What is the Social Contract? (was Calendar stuff)

Gavin Hurlbut gjhurlbu at gmail.com
Sat Dec 31 01:34:48 UTC 2011

On Fri, Dec 30, 2011 at 3:21 PM, Jay Ashworth <jra at baylink.com> wrote:
> [...]

Oh please.  We have given far too much leeway on this in the past.
This list is for discussing MythTV, and not random banter.  Any
long-time user knows this as we have said it on several occasions.
Things that aren't even remotely related to MythTV do not belong on a
mailing list for MythTV.  We aren't hosting this for people to turn it
into a general chat list.

We've been very lax about the low signal to noise ratio here, and
haven't often complained about things that are at least related to the
subject at hand.  However, there are times when the line needs to be
made more clear, and this was one of them.