[mythtv-users] Philips TV crashing while browsing mythtv DLNA server

chrisham chrisham at arcor.de
Sat Dec 31 16:38:57 UTC 2011

A happy New Year to the list!

I'm seeing a 100% reproducable crash while trying to stream recordings
from the MythTV (0.24.1) DLNA server on my PC. My TV is a 42PFL7606K/02
manufactured by Philips, which claims to be DLNA capable.

While I'm aware that this is most likely a problem in the Philips TV SW,
I hope to perhaps get some hints here on the list. Is anybody here using
a Philips TV for DLNA streaming, and either seeing the same problem, or
has even found a way around the problem?

First what's working correctly:

- I can see the DLNA servier on my TV
- I can choose and display pictures from the DLNA server
- I can chose and stream music from the DLNA server
- I can see the 'Recordings' - section on the server, and choose to
browse available recordings by e.g. Genre, Date, Recording Group etc.

BUT:

As soon as I browse to the level of actual recordings (e.g.: choose for
example 'By Date' and try to enter the list of recordings), after
approx. 2s the screen goes dark, after another second Ambilight switches
off, and the TV reboots.

This is 100% reproducable, I have not once managed to browse to a
recording.

Any light you could shed on the problem, things to point out to Philips
for tracking down the bug in their SW, experience in support or
contradicting my observations?

Thanks, and again a happy New Year to everyone