[mythtv-users] PVR-350 channel scan finds 0 channels

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Feb 2 09:58:30 UTC 2011

  On 02/01/2011 11:06 PM, Larry wrote:
> On 2/1/2011 15:37, Larry wrote:
> We just need the Hauppauge 350 tuner card to pick up channel 4.
> How would you do that?
>

> --- On Tue, 2/1/11, Raymond Wagner<raymond at wagnerrp.com>   wrote:
> Plug the VCR into the s-video and RCA audio ports on the PVR-350.
>

> -----
> Yes, I did that already and it works.
> I tested it with the output from the video+audio of a baby monitor.
> That is why the s-video and RCA audio ports on the PVR-350 are already in use.
> (Besides it is more convenient to view the baby monitor on a bigger screen and ANY frontend on the LAN.)
>
> So I am trying to get the PVR-350 tuner card to pick up channel 4 (or 3).
>
> In the following post, the OP was able to "...manually configure the analogue channels..." on a PVR-350.
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/441376#441376
>
> How do you do that?
> I realize that it could get messy.
> I am not (necessarily) looking for the XMLTV ID of some local channel.
> After all, the SD channels 3 and 4 are the traditional RF modulator defaults.

Did you read the posts I linked in the message to which you replied?
The first has the exact steps you need to set up your PVR-x50 to record
from a VCR.

The only differences are that, if you really are connecting the
RF-modulated output of the VCR to the PVR-x50's tuner input (a
configuration that will give you the worst-possible quality), you would
set the "Preset tuner to channel" to 3 or 4, whichever you've selected
on your VCR.  Again, using the RF-modulated output of the VCR as an
input to the PVR-x50's tuner will give you the worst-possible quality.
It is not a good plan.

Mike