[mythtv-users] Zotac IONITX-B-E close-out at MicroCenter

Calvin Dodge caldodge at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 00:33:51 UTC 2011

On Wed, Feb 2, 2011 at 5:28 PM, Josu Lazkano <josu.lazkano at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello, I have a Nvidia ION based board and I getting some problems
> with HD contents. I read the post and I notice that you use to
> allocate at least 256-512MB of RAM to the built-in video to enable
> VDPAU.
>
> How can I allocate this on a Debian system? I never read about it,
> thanks and best regards.

You do it in the BIOS, so you'll need to reboot the computer.

As the computer is rebooting, hit Delete when you see the "Zotac" splash screen.
Once you're in the BIOS config screen, go to the 'Chipset" tab, select
"SouthBridge Configuration", and go down to the video memory size. Hit
Enter, and select 256 meg (or 512). Hit Enter again, and then F10 to
save the settings.