[mythtv-users] FW: Help understand the interface of Myth Media & Video Gallery

Anthony Rooney rooneyo at iinet.net.au
Thu Feb 3 13:03:41 UTC 2011

Hi Richard

I have been provided with a link to the documentation people where I will
feed back some possible enhancement to the wording of the steps recommended.
It certainly needs to explicitly make people aware that they need to have
permissions setup in advance for the MythTv user account (even though for
more astute users it would be obvious) and see if I can pick up cases where
some additional context can be provided to the instructions.  This might
help reduce the load on discussion forums like this where people are asking
questions about basic things like setting file location paths.

Users not used to Linux will not be naturally familiar with concepts of
setting up mounts points unless they are given explicit examples so there
are a few cases where this need to be set out more clearly.  Mapping network
drives in Windows is a similar concept however mounting locations like
drives is a little different.

Regards

Anthony