[mythtv-users] FW: Help understand the interface of Myth Media & Video Gallery

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Fri Feb 4 10:40:53 UTC 2011

On 04/02/11 10:28, Anthony Rooney wrote:
<snip>

> Hi Anthony,
> As other posters have indicated, please post your responses after the
> quoted text. Top posting (putting your reply above the quoted text) is
> considered against the etiquette on this list.

>  Best of luck with your myth installation.
>

> -Greg
>
> Hi Greg
>
> I do not know what you and others mean by “Top Posting”.
>
> All I have done is select Reply in my mail client and started writing a
> message. How can this be considered impolite??
>
> This time I have scrolled down to the bottom of the message and inserted
> this text.
>
> Is this OK?
>
> Anthony

Yes, it's fine, apart from the 'Why should I do it this way' tone.

That's the way this list has always run.  It keeps things in sequence
and people know where to look for the new stuff.

Your email client probably has a setting to quote the original before
your reply.  It may even be destination-sensitive.

John P