[mythtv-users] 2 mux on same time

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Fri Feb 4 15:58:24 UTC 2011

On 04/02/11 13:00, Adam Juraszek wrote:
> Hello,
> I might have a similar problem. I'm building my first mythtv system:
> dedicated BE with 4 dvb-s2 tuners and 3 FEs. FEs will use LiveTV most
> of time. In my country (Czech Republic) are all channels located on 8
> different multiplexes.
> I have been solving some lirc and system related problems so far and
> now one FE works fine; this weekend I wanted to make more FEs work
> simultanously.
>
> Even manual changing of input can't work, because I don't know which
> inputs are in use.
> Does this mean it is impossible to configure mythtv as I wanted? Is
> there any workaround?

You *do* know which inputs are in use. When you press 'M' for menu and then
'Change Source' you will see displayed a list of available tuners. This list
won't contain any tuner that is in use (or not available because the related
back end is switched off). Just pick one of the free ones.

The situation is slightly more complicated if you have more than one source,
which shouldn't be a problem for your own case as I understand it. The list is a
list of tuners, and doesn't indicate which source each tuner is associated with.
Careful tuner naming should solve that problem.

--

Mike Perkins