[mythtv-users] New frontend, some questions

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Fri Feb 4 22:14:34 UTC 2011

* On Fri Feb 04, 2011 at 09:42:37PM +0100, raptor jr wrote:
> >Can you paste the contents of your verbose.cpp file in the main 'mythtv'

I meant 'version.cpp' here, but you found it anyway. :)

> Maybe it is my fault then? I haven't really learned how to update my
> 2nd diskless frontend so copied the whole source folder that i used
> on my backend. And then built and installed everything on the 2nd
> frontend. Maybe something got missing? Anyway, maybe some kind of
> error should show up if the download fails in some way?
> But in the case that it isn't my fault, here is what you request.

It looks like something is missing.  Did you re-run configure after
copying over the directory tree?  What does 'git describe' output?

> stefan at 001cc0b4d8ba:~/mythtv/mythtv/mythtv$ git branch
> * master
> stefan at 001cc0b4d8ba:~/mythtv/mythtv/mythtv$

That looks good.

> #include "mythexp.h"
> #include "mythversion.h"
> const MPUBLIC char *myth_source_version = "Unknown";
> const MPUBLIC char *myth_source_path = "";
> const MPUBLIC char *myth_binary_version = MYTH_BINARY_VERSION;

That doesn't.  It should look something like this for a git
checkout of master:

const MPUBLIC char *myth_source_version = "v0.25pre-1086-gc20a472";
const MPUBLIC char *myth_source_path = "master";

> It is not the latest trunk, maybe a week old if that matters? I'm so sorry if this is my fault, but appreciate your help.

No, it should be OK, nothing related has been fixed in the past
week that I know of.

Re-run configure and make again and see what version.cpp looks
like again.  If 'myth_source_path' is not 'master' or 'trunk' (for
old svn checkouts), then the Theme Chooser looks at the
MYTH_BINARY_VERSION which starts with "0.25", so that's
where the invalid directory in the download URL is coming from.

--
Chris