[mythtv-users] New frontend, some questions

raptor jr raptorjr at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 5 10:53:09 UTC 2011

>It looks like something is missing. Did you re-run configure after
>copying over the directory tree? What does 'git describe' output?

I did run configure the first time, and that was the start of the problems. And thanks to you i know understand what went wrong. Since i copied the whole source tree to the frontend i didn't install git before the configure. And since version.sh needs git everything went wrong.
In normal case i guess it isn't possible to get the source without git, so this isn't a problem. But users like me do stupid things =) Maybe a check if git is present on the system in version.sh would be good?

So i guess that if i reinstall now everything will work, atleast it should if there isn't anything else wrong.

You wouldn't happend to have a clue where i could start to check why parental level(showlevel) is ignored on the 2nd frontend? Maybe what kind of extra verbose output i should enable?

Thank you for your help.

/Stefan