[mythtv-users] How does one run mythbackend with debug options?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Feb 5 18:12:31 UTC 2011

  On 02/05/2011 12:27 PM, Douglas Peale wrote:
> I have been asked to run MythBackend with "record,file,extra" options.
> Problem is, I don't know how to do it since mythbackend runs automatically.

Most distro's start scripts include some configuration file that allows
specifying options, such as:

-v record,file,extra

Often, the file is something like /etc/sysconfig/mythbackend .

> Due to timezone differences, responses from the developer take a long time.
>
> I'd like instructions on how to do this since I have time to do it now, and might not by the time the developer responds.
>
> Is there a way to add these options in mythtvsetup? If so how?
> If not, how does one stop the backend,&  run it with these options?

That's distro-dependent (technically, start-script dependent), so you'll
need to let people know which distro you're using.

Mike