[mythtv-users] How does one run mythbackend with debug options?

Alex Tomlins alex at tomlins.org.uk
Sat Feb 5 19:07:36 UTC 2011

On 05/02/11 18:17, Douglas Peale wrote:
> On 02/05/2011 10:12 AM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>>   On 02/05/2011 12:27 PM, Douglas Peale wrote:
>>> I have been asked to run MythBackend with "record,file,extra" options.
>>> Problem is, I don't know how to do it since mythbackend runs automatically.
>> Most distro's start scripts include some configuration file that allows specifying options, such as:
>>
>> -v record,file,extra
>>
>> Often, the file is something like /etc/sysconfig/mythbackend .
>>
>>> Due to timezone differences, responses from the developer take a long time.
>>>
>>> I'd like instructions on how to do this since I have time to do it now, and might not by the time the developer responds.
>>>
>>> Is there a way to add these options in mythtvsetup? If so how?
>>> If not, how does one stop the backend,&   run it with these options?
>> That's distro-dependent (technically, start-script dependent), so you'll need to let people know which distro you're using.
>>
>> Mike
> The distribution is Ubuntu with mythbuntu added as a package
Depends which version you're running, but on 10.04 you have to edit
/etc/init/mythtv-backend.conf, and append the option to the end of the
command in the script block (line 23 on my machine).  The line should
end up something like this:

LANG=$LANG /usr/bin/mythbackend --logfile
/var/log/mythtv/mythbackend.log --user mythtv -v "record,file,extra"

I'm running the autobuilds packages for 0.24 fixes as opposed to the
stock mythbuntu packages, so things might not 100% match this.  Should
be pretty similar though.

Alex

--
Alex Tomlins
Email/Jabber: alex at tomlins.org.uk

There are two kinds of people in the world: those who finish what they started