[mythtv-users] No Display

Andy mizeraka at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 6 15:08:08 UTC 2011

So I added DebugMode to my xorg.conf file, and I honestly don't really know how to interpret the log.  There are a whole lot of "mode is valid"s and a whole lot of "mode is invaild"s.  It certainly seems like the TV EDID is being properly detected and the NVIDIA card is making the right choice.  I don't remember if I mentioned that I did go through and change the resolution through the NVIDIA control panel with no change.
Using a different myth box made no difference (although that uses the same NVIDIA drivers).
I did change my audio output to go out the headphone jack instead of through the HDMI cable.  When I did that (using the internal player), the sound came from the speakers, but no video was displayed.  That makes it seem like maybe it is a configuration problem.