[mythtv-users] No Display

Mike McMullin mwmcmlln at mnsi.net
Sun Feb 6 16:10:51 UTC 2011

On Sun, 2011-02-06 at 00:00 -0800, Andy wrote:
> Hi guys,
> I am in full crisis mode!
>
> I just bought a new television and spent about 2 hours mounting it to the wall.  It is an LG 37inch LED LCD TV with 1080p and 120 Hz refresh capable.
>
> I finally hooked it up to my mythtv box (which is running 0.24 in a mythbuntu package).  I got a message from the TV saying "No Signal".  I rebooted mythtv and rechecked the connections.  I saw the splash screen displayed, and then the "No Signal" message again.
>
> I opened the mythtv box in VNC just to confirm it was on.  It was.  I tried "Play music" and lo and behold, I had sound and picture.  It worked like normal.  But when I exited back to the mythtv menu, I got the "No Signal" message.
>
> VLC (which is what I am using to watch videos) gives me a signal which I lose when I exit VLC.  I can watch live TV and recorded programs with the internal player, but I cannot see the desktop or the mythtv.
>
> Things I have tried:
> Changing the resolution.
> Changing the configuration in the NVIDIA panel (although I'm not sure I know EXACTLY what I was doing in there).
> Changing my theme.
> Opening Mythtfrontend while a VLC window is playing (this is the closest to success I have come... I can see the desktop and enter mythtv, but once that VLC window closes, I get the "No Signal"message.
>

> Thank you for taking a look at this and for any advice.

  I was going to ask if you were using nVidia before I read it, I have
this problem in regards to my monitor.  What I'm doing is turning the
monitor off and then on, this seems to get it looking for the input
signal which it then sees, BTW, if you don't see all of the desktop,
you'll need to adjust the input in the TV's config screen, can't offhand
remember to what though.