[mythtv-users] Mythtv usability, the Superbowl and a couple of issues
boehm100 at comcast.net
boehm100 at comcast.net
Mon Feb 7 05:05:53 UTC 2011
I'm using Mythbuntu .24-fixed (v0.24-150-g08a8a65 updated yesterday). My setup is a separate front and backend. The front end uses nvida 240 with VDPAU. The issues I found are not a big deal but worth noting.
1) Could not find the "toggle commercial skip" from the Menu durring playback. I thought the toggle was available durring playback in pervious versions of Mythtv. Had to hop out all the way to Setup TV Playback to toggle it off.
2) Not a Super Bowl issue but something I noticed in the very latest .24-fixed from yesterday. There appears to be some truncation and strange character fill going on in a couple of places. Like: The Change Group Filter list in Watch Recordings and in Watch Videos. Some names display as something similar to this: "Gone with the Wi============="
3) 1.5x playback speed is VERY jumpy. I tried CPU-- and slim with little effect. My guess is that this is a limitation of FFmpeg. It seem worse than in pervious versions if Mythtv. I wish Rewind/FFwd and higher speed playback was liquid smooth. It's nasty horrible. (Very technical description, I know.)
4) Is there a one key toggle, for turning on and off accelerated playback? There are a lot of key presses to move thru the menu. The family approval factor took a hit. I'm expecting a "look it up in the manual" answer for this one. :-)
4) After I caught up with realtime I wanted to switch to livetv. I don't use LiveTV very often. The screen froze at "Please wait" and I was forced to kill the frontend and relaunch. Here is a snip from my frontend log.
2011-02-06 19:00:21.636 MythCoreContext: Connecting to backend server: BACKEND_IP:6543 (try 1 of 1)
2011-02-06 19:00:21.636 Using protocol version 63
2011-02-06 19:00:21.744 Spawning LiveTV Recorder -- begin
2011-02-06 19:00:22.123 Spawning LiveTV Recorder -- end
2011-02-06 19:00:22.134 We have a playbackURL(myth://BACKEND_IP:6543/1800_20110206190022.mpg) & cardtype(DUMMY)
2011-02-06 19:00:22.134 We have a RingBuffer
2011-02-06 19:00:22.337 Clearing OpenGL painter cache.
2011-02-06 19:00:22.525 VDPAU: Created 2 output surfaces.
2011-02-06 19:00:22.525 VDPAU: Created VDPAU render device 1920x1080
2011-02-06 19:00:22.575 Player(7): Video timing method: USleep with busy wait
2011-02-06 19:00:22.575 TV: Changing from None to WatchingLiveTV
2011-02-06 19:00:22.575 TV: State is LiveTV & mctx == ctx
2011-02-06 19:00:22.578 TV: UpdateOSDInput done
2011-02-06 19:00:22.578 TV: UpdateLCD done
2011-02-06 19:00:22.578 TV: ITVRestart done
2011-02-06 19:00:22.585 MythUIHelper, Error: LoadScaleImage(/home/****/.mythtv/channels/krcw_cw32_portland.jpg)Unable to find image file
2011-02-06 19:00:22.588 MythUIHelper, Error: LoadScaleImage(/home/****/.mythtv/channels/krcw_cw32_portland.jpg)Unable to find image file
2011-02-06 19:00:22.589 MythUIHelper, Error: LoadScaleImage(/home/****/.mythtv/channels/krcw_cw32_portland.jpg)Unable to find image file
2011-02-06 19:00:22.590 MythUIHelper, Error: LoadScaleImage(/home/****/.mythtv/channels/krcw_cw32_portland.jpg)Unable to find image file
Is the channel icon dir supposed to be on the frontend? Manual copy the dir or some backend setup for this fix?
More information about the mythtv-users