[mythtv-users] Wireless N-5GHz & HD streaming?

Evuraan evuraan at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 18:21:56 UTC 2011

2011/2/6 Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com>:
> Hi
>
> On 7 February 2011 08:10, Andre <mythtv-list at dinkum.org.uk> wrote:
>
>> I use N 5Ghz because all the 2.4Ghz channels are used at least three times over by the neighbours! I'm the only one using 5Ghz that I can see and ping tests suggest that the network is reliable.
>>
>> I have an Apple dual band access point (set to wide band) and a Mac Laptop, running Myth over 5Ghz is fine for SD as you would expect, for HD it's ok some of the time but not really 100% usable. I use it wireless on odd occasions (illness etc.) but it really only works properly reliably when plugged in, even though there is full signal strength around the whole apartment playback is still jerky on any scene change and takes a while for playback to start up. HD channels here are around 4 to 14Mb/s H264, haven't tried playing blurays or other movie stuff.

I went through the same troubles,
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/468299?nohighlight=1#468299
tells the tale. I tried belkin ethernet over power, and tried to
bridge my eth0 and wifi0 (wireless G in those days)

then, I was on N 2.4Ghz, which was susceptible to microwaves(!) -

I am now using N 5Ghz, and things have been smooth ever since. For the
record, I use netgear n600 for the router, and a Cisco-Linksys WET610N
as my bridge. as long as its not 2.4Ghz, you should be good to go
there.