[mythtv-users] Problem with Hard and Soft Padding on recordings

Anthony Giggins seven at seven.dorksville.net
Tue Feb 8 22:20:04 UTC 2011

On 8 February 2011 23:00, David Watkins <watkinshome at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Yes I believe they are both set to 600
> >

> Um - isn't that your answer then?  10 mins padding - 30 minutes
> recording - 10 minutes padding.
>

> Maybe before you generally had some adjacent recordings that caused
> the soft padding to be overriden?

I wasn't aware that the soft padding was in addition to any hard padding I
was under the impression that Hard padding over rides Soft padding.

but obviously I'm wrong, I'm happy to update this in the wiki if there is
developer confirmation that this is how it is supposed to work

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/User_Manual:Detailed_configuration_Frontend#Scheduler_Options

&

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/User_Manual:Detailed_configuration_Frontend#General_.28Advanced.29

Regards,