[mythtv-users] Continuing the lirc Fedora14 issue with PVR350

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Wed Feb 9 00:49:38 UTC 2011

On Feb 8, 2011, at 7:27 AM, The Walters wrote:

>> No. The Fedora lirc initscript has no facilities for loading modules.
>> That's typically done by a shell script in /etc/sysconfig/modules/. I've
>> toyed with the idea of adding something that does tie into the lirc
>> config for it, but haven't done anything material about it yet.
>
> I added the shell script. When I try irw I now get responses.  I just need to adjust and/or locate the .lircrc and lircd.conf files which are specific to the A415-HPG remote.

Not quite. There's only one possible lircd.conf.devinput, and it covers
all possible (individual) buttons. With devinput, the buttons are all
converted into Linux input namespace keycodes, which are 100%
standardized.

> When I use the lircd.conf.devinput only a fraction of the remote buttons respond.  I tried irrecord but even after doing that still only some of the buttons respond.

I believe the issue here is that you're using something other than the
stock Hauppauge remote with a Hauppauge receiver. You'll have to push
an updated keymap into the kernel here, using ir-keytable from the
v4l-utils package (which isn't quite in Fedora yet, but will be RSN).
ir-keytable can also help you generate said keymap, as it'll show the
scancodes for pressed buttons that aren't mapped to keycodes.

Yes, we need more documentation here. :)

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com