[mythtv-users] MythTV vs. Windows Media Center

john.baab at gmail.com john.baab at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 21:44:11 UTC 2011

> I also meant to mention that this won't work in all cases.  For
> content not marked as copy-freely, Windows can record it and play it
> back locally only.  Copy-Once/Copy-Never content isn't sharable via
> media center extenders as far as I understand it.  Even TiVo has this
> same restriction.
>
> Note also that such content can be recorded via MythTV with an HDPVR
> (even video on demand) and can be streamed to any frontend.

This is going to be the OP's main issue, TWC does some shady things
with all of their channels and they are not copy-freely.  Therefor
none of his extenders will work with his cable card content.  I
mentioned this in his original thread and pointed him at a combination
of the  HDPVR and HDHR, but it looks like the message was ignored.