[mythtv-users] mythbuntu fixes

Alex Tomlins alex at tomlins.org.uk
Thu Feb 10 21:34:16 UTC 2011

On 10/02/11 21:27, Nick Rout wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 8:04 AM, Alex Tomlins<alex at tomlins.org.uk>  wrote:
>> For fine-grained information, see here:
>> https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commits/fixes%2F0.24
>>
>> You can find the current commit you're running from the version (in this
>> case the one starting 1a69c92), and then review the commits since then.
>>
>> Alex
> Thanks, very helpful!
>
> In the mythbuntu versioning numbers, (eg  mythfrontend --version
> xprop:  unable to open display ''
> Please attach all output as a file in bug reports.
> *****MythTV Version   : v0.24-151-g1a69c92 ********
> MythTV Branch    : fixes/0.24
> Network Protocol : 63
> Library API      : 0.24.20101129-1
> QT Version       : 4.6.2
>

> what does the -151- in the version number represent?

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe it's a build number (seems to increment
with every build). The interesting part of the version is the bit after
that which when you remove the g is the commit number (1a69c92 in that
example)

Alex

--
Alex Tomlins
Email/Jabber: alex at tomlins.org.uk

There are two kinds of people in the world: those who finish what they started