[mythtv-users] Using Gentoo ebuilds from git packaging repo

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Fri Feb 11 01:51:40 UTC 2011

Greetings

Does anyone have a howto on using the ebuilds from git? I have read the
README file and have got the packages repository into
/usr/local/mythtv_portage and got as far as a --pretend on the emerge and
it all looks OK.

Before I go further I'd like to know how I track updates to fixes/0.24 for
example. Do I have to emerge each version specifically? eg.
  emerge =media-tv/mythtv-0.24_p20110122
or does the update mechanism that gets put into /etc/portage/postsync.d do
that for me if I leave off the date string? or is that putting a copy of
the git tree sources into /usr/portage/distfiles or does it only update
the packaging repo.

As you can see I'm a bit confused despite having used Gentoo for the last
8 years!!

Cheers

--
Robin Gilks