[mythtv-users] Using Gentoo ebuilds from git packaging repo

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Fri Feb 11 02:34:41 UTC 2011

On 2/10/2011 20:51, Robin Gilks wrote:
> Greetings
>
> Does anyone have a howto on using the ebuilds from git? I have read the
> README file and have got the packages repository into
> /usr/local/mythtv_portage and got as far as a --pretend on the emerge and
> it all looks OK.

Check out the packaging repository to your hard drive.

         git clone git://github.com/MythTV/packaging.git
/usr/local/mythtv_portage

Add the overlay to portage with the following line in your /etc/make.conf

         PORTDIR_OVERLAY="/usr/local/mythtv_portage/Gentoo"

Then just continue to update MythTV and the plugins as normal.  0.24
builds are marked as stable, while 0.25 builds will have to be unmasked
in your /etc/portage/package.keywords.  Rob Smith has been updating the
ebuilds every few days, and you can pull the new sets by running the
following.

         cd /usr/local/mythtv_portage/Gentoo
         git pull

Or you can generate your own ebuilds with the following.

         cd /usr/local/mythtv_portage/Gentoo
         scripts/mythtv-buildebuild.py --version=0.24 --hash=<some
commit hash for fixes/0.24>

Or for 0.25 builds.

         scripts/mythtv-buildebuild.py --hash=<some commit hash for master>

Note that if you start building your own ebuilds, you will be out of
sync with the git repository, and will have to either stash or revert
your changes before using 'git pull'.