[mythtv-users] MythTV vs. Windows Media Center

Ben Kamen bkamen at benjammin.net
Fri Feb 11 17:23:03 UTC 2011

On 2/11/2011 10:55 AM, Jacob Mansfield wrote:
> just my 2p, but sorry guys, I feel I have to say that this is a
> completely unfair argument. how can you expect M$'s products to even
> come near the epic-ness of open source.

:D

Honestly, I thought my first TiVo was pretty nice for what it did. (I know it sounded like I was harsh on it's UI, but
for what powered it and what it got away with - it was pretty good.)

But you're right open source will most likely have features the USERs want that are not mandated/crippled by a third party like we see with so many other solutions. (Barring the special treatment given to DRM enablers.)

I think that makes OSS a win.

  -Ben