[mythtv-users] dkristjansson/mythtv-rec branch

Tom Bongiorno two.bits.11 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 11 20:36:37 UTC 2011

On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 1:12 PM, Paul Harrison <mythtv at sky.com> wrote:

> On 11/02/11 14:54, Tom Bongiorno wrote:
> > Is the dkristjansson/mythtv-rec branch publicly accessible?  If so,
> > how would one get it.  I have a separate experimental backend/frontend
> > for which I can test and play.
> >
> > If there is a tutorial somewhere, A link would be fine.  I am a
> > Mythbuntu user, so this would be the first time I would have to build
> > MythTV.  I will follow up with questions when I have them.
> >
> > I am a Linux software programmer, so I am not foreign to the idea.
> >
> > The reason I ask is that I am expecting to take receipt of my Ceton
> > InfiniTV 4 card in about a month.  Since I have a hard time finding
> > time for anything, I have to plan way in advance.
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
> >
> > -Tom
> >

> I'm no git expert but I believe you can just clone our git repo (git
> clone git://github.com/MythTV/mythtv.git) and then do something like
> 'git checkout dkristjansson/mythtv-rec'.
>
> Paul H.

I was talking with a friend about this.  It will probably involve kernel
changes and drivers to get what I want.

Once Ceton support is finished and merged into trunk, I should be able to
get it via Mythbuntu's MythTV-Updates repository.

I will move the questions to that mailing list to find out if this is
correct.