[mythtv-users] Transcoding and H264
mythtv at theseekerr.com
Sat Feb 12 03:52:01 UTC 2011
On Sat, Feb 12, 2011 at 12:47 PM, Christopher Kerr
<mythtv at theseekerr.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 12, 2011 at 8:02 AM, Robert Houghton <robbadler at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 12:26 PM, Robert Houghton <robbadler at gmail.com>
>>> On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 7:16 AM, Dan Wilga
>>> <mythtv-users2 at dwilga-linux1.amherst.edu> wrote:
>>>> On Wed, Feb 2, 2011 at 2:11 PM, Robert Houghton <robbadler at gmail.com>
>>>>> Please see http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/High_Quality_Transcode. Wiki
>>>>> page template thanks to author of "Low Quality Transcode" Doug Haber.
>>>> Hi Robert,
>>>> I also tried this script and found that it had trouble with filenames
>>>> that contain spaces (like those generated by mythrename.pl). I suspect you
>>>> need to put some of the shell command arguments into double quotes.
>>>> Dan Wilga "Ook."
>>>> mythtv-users mailing list
>>>> mythtv-users at mythtv.org
>>> Thanks all. Just realized the problem is in the return of ttvdb.py. Where
>>> formerly `ttvdb.py -N $title $subtitle` returned SXXEXX, it now gives the
>>> full XML for the episode.
>>> Do'h. Thanks for removing the .24 compatibility flag.
>> Updated file to parse the XML from ttvdb.py. I'd love some independent
>> confirmation that this works on a 0.24 build other than mine.
>> FWIW, you all helped me realize why my files had been horribly mis-named
>> since I updated from 0.23. So, Thanks!
> With the latest ffmpeg and x.264, the "hq" preset you use seems to no
> longer exist.
> I believe the nearest replacement is "slow".
> Anyway, it still doesn't work for me, something to do with your
> surround sound detection?
> Input #0, mpegts, from '2002_20110208213300.mpg':
> Duration: 00:46:59.93, start: 41691.796478, bitrate: 5906 kb/s
> Program 1
> Stream #0.0[0x200]: Video: mpeg2video, yuv420p, 720x576 [PAR 64:45
> DAR 16:9], 10000 kb/s, 25 fps, 25 tbr, 90k tbn, 50 tbc
> Stream #0.1[0x28a](eng): Audio: mp2, 48000 Hz, stereo, s16, 256 kb/s
> Stream #0.2[0x240](eng): Subtitle:  / 0x0006
> Stream #0.3[0x1388]: Data:  / 0x000B
> Output #0, mp4, to 'QI_02.08.2011.mp4':
> Stream #0.0: Video: libx264, yuv420p, 1024x576 [PAR 1:1 DAR 16:9],
> q=0-69, 1500 kb/s, 90k tbn, 25 tbc
> Stream #0.1: Audio: libfaac, 48000 Hz, 6 channels, s16, 160 kb/s
> Codec type mismatch for mapping #0.0 -> #0.1
> Old file size = 2082095864
> New file size = 0
> Editing the script to force stereo works fine - since 90%+ of my
> content is 576p with stereo audio, I might just keep two different
> versions of the script.
Oh, and a feature request - can we please have a mode in which the
script checks that the output file is non-zero in size, then delete
More information about the mythtv-users