[mythtv-users] mceusb on 2.6.36+

Dave Badia dbadia at gmail.com
Sat Feb 12 20:04:40 UTC 2011

I understand the lirc drivers moved into the kernel as of 2.6.36, but
I'm having some trouble making the transition.  I'm running gentoo
with a vanilla kernel 2.6.26.2, lirc-0.9.0-pre1, and I've compiled in
the mceusb module.  I've been through a couple of transitions with
other drivers moving into the kernel (hdpvr and ivtv) but this one is
giving me issues, specifically:
- Most buttons don't work at all
- Pressing Up, Down, etc twice results in moving up/down about 7 or 8
times very rapidly

When I modprobe mceusb I see /dev/lirc0 and /dev/input/event2 appear
as devices.  I understand remote events now go through the event layer
and hence the event2 device.  It appears I don't need to run lircd
anymore and can just use the event layer but my question is how do I
get the rest of the buttons to work?

Running evtest shows for Ok (which doesn't do anything in mythtv) shows

Event: time 1297538736.806664, -------------- Report Sync ------------
Event: time 1297538736.943646, type 4 (Misc), code 4 (ScanCode), value 800f0422
Event: time 1297538737.193393, type 1 (Key), code 352 (Ok), value 0

How do I get MythTV to understand/respond to that?

Thanks!
Dave