[mythtv-users] Automation query

Ken Bass kbass at kenbass.com
Sat Feb 12 21:16:42 UTC 2011

On 2/12/2011 4:05 PM, Rob Smith wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 12, 2011 at 12:14 PM, Thomas Mashos <tgm4883 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Tuning timeout is currently set to 12000ms. Further, once this issue occurs,
>> it continues for all future recording until the HDPVR is powercycled and the
>> backend service is restarted
> Are you running the latest firmware?

My log file shows 'firmware version 0x12 dated May  7 2009 23:27:43' but
I have no idea how that maps to what is on the the Hauppauge  website.
>From that log file message which refers to a May 7 2009 date, I THINK I
am running the firmware from the hdpvr_1.5.6.0.zip on their site. The
ROM image in that zip file is dated May 7 2009.

Their website has one newer version of 1.5.7 which contains a ROM file
of dated 6/32/2010.

However, I have been scared to change it.

Is this an issue that you are aware of being fixed by a firmware upgrade?