[mythtv-users] MythTV vs. Windows Media Center

Reynolds, Brian Brian.Reynolds at fiserv.com
Sun Feb 13 16:22:45 UTC 2011

Eric,

You've been very helpful and professional.  You could be correct that Myth isn't a good fit for me, but I would still like to try it out.  Hey, I might learn a few things about Linux that could be helpful in the future.  I read over the ACPI article on the wiki.  It's very informative.  I'm currently reading some other stuff there too.

Open source software is great.  I know that there are some people who really hate Windows, but I don't agree with most of their reasons.  I realize that Windows isn't always the most stable OS (but that has a lot to do with hardware and can be minimized in several ways) and I realize that Microsoft has done some dirty things in the past.  I don't have a problem with either Windows or Linux.  They're just tools... and I'll use whatever tool does the job best for me.  I don't get emotional about computer software.

I also don't understand the heated reactions I've gotten to some things here.  I realize that I've pushed a few people's buttons... and I did that intentionally in some cases to have a little fun.

Nobody seems to see the humor, nor do they see that I've changed my e-mail settings (which will affect everyone I communicate with, not just you guys) and that I'm complying by posting my replies at the bottom and trying to stick to plain text.  I was being serious with my apology at the top of that message... the WebMail client at work wouldn't allow me to set it to plain text and there was no choice to precede previous messages with ">" characters.

I've seen some others here who use rich text and even some who didn't format the message the way you guys like it... and nobody jumped all over them.  I'm a newbie here.  Please be patient with me.  I'm here to learn.  That's what this list is for, isn't it?

Brian