[mythtv-users] Continuing the lirc Fedora14 issue with PVR350

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Mon Feb 14 04:46:29 UTC 2011

On Feb 12, 2011, at 2:56 PM, The Walters wrote:

>>  Oh, hrm, so it is. And I actually have the same remote, just didn't make
>>

>>  the connection (I see A415-something printed on the inside of the battery
>>

>>  cover of one of my grey Hauppauge remotes). That one actually *should*
>>

>>  Just Work(tm) though. So now I'm re-confused. Are you positive that the
>>

>>  batteries in it are still good? :)
>>
>> The batteries are alittle old so I'll give that a go.  I also have a
>> harmony 880 (programmed to match the hauppauge remote) which I use with
>> the system as well so I checked that also with the same results.
>>
> Ok.  Fresh batteries and lircd.conf (using the default for devinput).  When I run irw some keys work as they should and others don't while some just don't register.  If I use irrecord then everything flips and the ones that didn't work now do with what I assigned them to and the previously working keys don't register (even though I assigned all keys).

That's just odd, can't explain why only half the keys would work, then only the
*other* half would work...

> Do you have a lircrc and lircd.conf that you have used that works I could try?

This is what works for me:

http://lirc.git.sourceforge.net/git/gitweb.cgi?p=lirc/lirc;a=tree;f=remotes/devinput;hb=HEAD

Shouldn't need a lircrc to verify if lirc is working, just use irw. If that
doesn't report all keys with the above lircd.conf, I'd also suggest grabbing
evtest and see what it reports seeing.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com