[mythtv-users] Uninstalling Mythbuntu?

James Oltman cnlibmyth at gmail.com
Mon Feb 14 15:17:38 UTC 2011

On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 9:10 AM, Reynolds, Brian
<Brian.Reynolds at fiserv.com>wrote:
deletia...

> However,
> it just dumps me out to a command prompt when it boots.  I'm thinking
> that there must be a problem with my video card (ATI).  I'm planning to
> attempt installing it on another machine I have that has an nVidia card.
>
> deletia

> Thanks in advance for your help.
>
> Brian

Brian,

I ran into this same issue with 2 fresh MythBuntu installs.  It seems the
install is not creating the xorg.conf correctly.  I had to add "nvidia" to
the Driver section.  Once I did this, it booted just fine.  In your case,
adding fglrx would probably work.  You are lucky.  I didn't even get dumped
to a command prompt.  I had to find out the DHCP address (trivial) and then
SSH in.  I hope this helps.

Jim