[mythtv-users] S/PDIF audio on new MythTV box

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 11:53:10 UTC 2011

Hi

On 16 February 2011 22:32, Phill Edwards <philledwards at gmail.com> wrote:
> I can get sound on the new machine if I just plug in a couple of
> speakers to the audio jack on the sound card and use
> ALSA:front:CARD=CK804,DEV=0 as the Audio Ouput Device, but that isn't
> going to give me Dolby or DTS so I really want to get the S/PDIF
> connection working with digital audio.
>
> Any ideas what may be wrong?

If running 0.24 ; it's just a matter of scanning for audio device
within myth, then selecting the appropriate device.

The list of available audio devices can be found by running aplay -l
(show the cards) and aplay -L (show the devices)

Make sure it's not muted, ALSA audio devices are by default muted so
run alsamixer and make sure the device isn't muted.