[mythtv-users] 0.24 Python Bindings - Transcode Wrapper Script

Robert Houghton robbadler at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 17:46:03 UTC 2011

On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 7:26 AM, Christopher Kerr <mythtv at theseekerr.com>wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Just trying to get a transcoding job working using the Wrapper Script
> on the wiki, and I seem to be running up against some issues with the
> Python bindings:
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>  File "./x264_inplace.py", line 96, in <module>
>    main()
>  File "./x264_inplace.py", line 88, in main
>    runjob(jobid=args[0])
>  File "./x264_inplace.py", line 24, in runjob
>    sg = findfile(rec.basename, rec.storagegroup, db=db)
> NameError: global name 'findfile' is not defined
>

> The script is marked as 0.24 compatible, so I'd appreciate any help
> anyone can offer with getting it working!
>
> Regards,
> Chris

Chris,

I recently added a perl script to the wiki that does x264 transcoding. It
would be trivial to have this script replace the recording file instead
adding to the sql

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/High_Quality_Transcode

If you get your script working, maybe post it to the wiki as well for
comparison?